In the beginning of this suffering I felt your presence always by my side.
Your everlasting hope brought me forward, and your truth prevailed in my heart.
When the struggle continued I sometimes lost my way.
Calling out your name was the only light I saw to bring me from my darkness within.
I didn't always feel your presence, but you were there.
You sent you children to comfort me and pray for me.
But I had lost my hope and bitterness was in my heart.
And as my struggle continues the darkness that surrounded me has turned to light.
My despair has returned to hope, and my bitterness to joy.
My circumstances have not changed, this struggle still exists.
But the peace that passes all understanding has graced my heart.
And the hope that I find only in the promise of an eternity with you has lifted my sorrows.
I will praise you in this storm for you are here with me, and that is my one desire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Absolutely beautiful, Ali. Thank you for sharing.
Found your blog friend. Thanks for sharing your heart on here.
hey its time for a blog update girl! some serious praise updates.
Post a Comment