
So everyone seems to be asking me the same questions lately. And although you may not care the slightest bit, I thought I'd answer them all at once, just in case.
Here is the rundown:
-my favorite and most creative christmas present was a mini-mini cooper from Jim, to make up for the real car I want but won't ever have.
-no, I don't have any New Year's Resolution, and I'm not planning on making any.
-and finally, "No" I'm not pregnant and we're not planning on it anytime soon. However, the big guy has been known to send people surprise packages, so really, you never know.
Aside from that Jim and I had a wonderful "Holiday Season." It was a little more challenging to work out the scheduling, seeing as Jim worked every stinking day. I celebrated Christmas with both of our families and Jim and I were able to have our "Christmas Morning" together one Friday evening. It was awesome to see good friends and family, and I had FIVE days off from work. One of the joys of nursing. We both worked New Years Eve and New Years day, so we didn't celebrate, but we did havean awesome time celebrating our 2 year anniversary. Jim actually had a day off and we went to a little B&B in Washington, Mo. It was awesome.

6 comments:
ali, thanks about the picture. I don't have the picture anymore but if you click on it you should be able to download it from "Flickr" happy new year
give jim my best
Thanks, I will definately tell jim you said hi. He'll be happy to hear from you.
hey! did you like your anniversary present from me? ha! i hope you saw it! thanks again for letting tk and i stay there! tell jim that too!
anyway, i'm a little curious about your question into the russian orthodox church, but i think i can help. russian orthodoxy falls under the giant umbrella of the "eastern orthodox church." this branch of christianity holds that their heritage is from "true" or "original" Christianity and original beliefs. this is seen in the name "orthodox."
orthodox: conforming to established doctrines and practices, from the prefix ortho- (meaning straight, right or true) and the root dox (meaning opinion or belief) (we get the word "orthodontics" from this too- making your teeth straight:)
yep, i'm a huge dork! instead of rambling, i'll let you take your own peek at some websites. you'll have to copy and paste these into your broswer i think, but it should work all the same. here you go:
http://www.oca.org/QAindex.asp?SID=3
http://countrystudies.us/russia/38.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodoxy
check out belief under "salvation" in that last page. it's a little different from western christianity to say the least.
Yay, Al! I miss you too! I tried to call you yesterday afternoon only to find out that instead of calling me back, you called ANGELEA!! Not that she isn't worthy of your love because she most CERTAINLY is. And I get more than my fair share of love from you. I just miss you. And I'm having a terrible time typing. So I'm going to go. Can we chat soon? Please? I love you!!! :)
Well, I am a big fan of the mini cooper. I seriously considered buying a real one from ebay before I gave in to conformism and bought my Civic from a regular dealership.
mmmm.... it's like coming home. ;)
Post a Comment