Wednesday, December 14, 2005

He is good, he is God


Sometimes you have bad days. We all know that, we dread them, and we are glad when they are over. So two days ago was a bad day. And I didn't deal with it like a good christian girl should. I got mad, and I wore my anger on my sleeve. That night I prayed. I prayed for forgiveness and strength. And as my friend bj says, for stronger hiking boats, and not for an easier path. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I got what I prayed for. Yesterday was just as horrible. And it took a big fall to bring me to my knees and lean on the Lord. Literally, I fell, like an old lady, and I have the marks to prove it. And in my weakness, because every part of my body hurt, I found strength in God and felt closer to him as a result of it. And so, God is good.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

hey ali, can you email me your phone number? i have a question for you!

Anonymous said...

tk, is this about that one question? if so, i'm glad you're asking the right person:)

ali- thanks for the sweet card you wrote me! i loved getting 2 things in the mail from you in one day! love you lots...can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Ali said...

what question!?!! I want to know! Is it bad to be posting on your own blog?

Elisa Tomlinson said...

Yeah, I'm a big fan of hiking boats, too. Especially around the Great Lakes area, where there's a lot of bogs.

NO!! It's GREAT to post on your own blog. If you read all of our blogs, you know we post on them all the time!

Merry Christmas, friend!!