Thursday, August 13, 2009

Answered Prayers

I cherish the confidence that comes with praying. We can be certain of two things when we pray: that God hears us and that He loves us. All of this makes the uncertainty of how our prayers will be answered, a little easier to handle. Okay, so that's not entirely true, for me at least. Waiting seems to be such a difficult place to be.
So why, if I'm so very confident of God's love for me, should I be surprised that I might see and know His love in a deeper and more meaningful way. He has loved His people for all of time!
This past spring God brought me to a place of complete peace and trust in Him for whatever lay ahead...no promises, no answers, just rest in God's presence. What a gift! Something He surely desires for us all, all of the time.
I was so overjoyed that he would take this suffering of mine and use it that I may better understand His love for me. The joy that consumed my heart left me speechless and full of smiles. And that was enough, my heart was complete and full.
But God had more in store, he's so good like that. And this is the part that totally overwhelms me. About two months later I found out I was pregnant! Awesome!!!! But what I love the most about all of this, is that God answered my true hearts desires before giving me the answer to my prayers.
"I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the Lord: 'O Lord, save me!'
The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
The Lord protects the simple hearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you."
Psalm 116:3-7
Praises to our God. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I'm overjoyed to hear this, Ali! I'm thankful for His answered prayers for your deepest desire for HIM.

Congrats on being pregnant too! He loves to bless us and give good gifts to His children. I'm rejoicing with you.

Love,
Erin